Jaganmohan Palace (1861): Built in 1861 by Mummadi Krishnaraja Wodeyar, the building is in strikingly Hindu style. The huge pavilion at the front has been used for holding meetings of the Representative Assembly and the Convocations of the University of Mysore.
The installation of Krishnaraja Wodeyar IV took place in this pavilion in 1902, attended by Lord Curzon, the then Viceroy and Governor General of India. The Royal family lived in this place till the construction of the new Amba Vilas Mysore Palace in 1912. The Art Gallery houses the prestigious collection of paintings of Raja Ravi Varma, a great artist of Thiruvananthapura, who had carried out an assignment for the Mysore Maharaja Krishnaraja Wodeyar IV in 1904.
Timings, Entrance Fee and Contact
8.30 AM to 5.30 PM, all the days. Entrance Fee : Rs. 25/Adult | Children [5 to 10 years]: Rs.10 Phone : 0821-2423693
- Sub Urban Bus Stand : 1.4 Km
- Railway Station : 1.6 Km
- Airport : 14.3 Km
|City Bus Stand||Railway Station||Airport|
|walkable Distance||Any Bus->City Bus Stand->Walkable Distance||401->Mysore Rural Bus Stand->178,313->CBS-> 119,116,110,201,178|