Among the handsomest period buildings of the city in a commanding setting, it is led up to from the park side through grand steps trusting the statue of Sir. James Gordon.
The foundation stone was laid on the 20th June 1887 & the building formally opened in 1895. Arches of varying shapes round headed & flat segmented each with a floral key stone together with Corinthian pilasters, open into the verandahs which run all around on both the floors & lead in to high ceiling inner room and halls.
The building now houses the district offices.
Phone : 0821-2422302