Channapatna , is the “gonmbegala ooru” meaning toys town in English. This taluk comes under the Ramanagaram District about 60kms from Bangalore on the Bangalore-Mysore state highway. The city is famous for its wooden toys and lacquer ware. These unique toys are manufactured in traditional or advanced small scale industries. Manufacturing and twisting of raw silk and coconut is a major product of Channapatna taluk.
Some of the tourist places in and around the city are
- Maloor Aprameya Swamy Temple which also has the world famous Ambegal Krishna, whose beauty inspired the famous poet Purandhara Dasa. It is just 2km away from Channapatna on the Highway towards Mysore.
- Kengal Aanjaneya Swamy Temple is on the way to Channapatna from Bangalore. 5km before Channapatna, it is situated beside the Bangalore to Mysore highway.
- Kanva Maharshi Math and Brahmanya Theertha Brundavan is 6km away from Channapatna on the way to Kanva Reservoir.
- Bettada Timmappa is 13km away from Channapatna. It’s on the way to Nidasalige city.
- Kanva Reservoir is 13km from Channapatna with automatic siphon system.
- Igloor Barrage is 20km away from the Channapatna city. Igloor Barrage is on the way to Santemogenahalli and Akkooru.
- Bevoor Mutt.
- Revana Siddeswara Betta.
- Kokkare Bellur bird sanctuary: Spot-billed Pelicans and Painted Storks from different countries fly here and live for few months
Distance : Located 60 km South-West of Bangalore Nearest Town : Channapatna Nearest Railway Station : Channapatna Nearest Airport : Bangalore Airport.
- Sub Urban Bus Stand:85.6Km
- Railway Station :87.3km
- Airport :97.1km